Are you interested in posting a job position on our free job board? If you provide DAPL with a PDF of the job requirements and contact information for the specific job description, DAPL will do a courtesy post of your job posting for 30 days from publication date.
For more information or to have a posting published, contact us.
Laredo Petroleum, Inc. - Senior Landman
Laredo Petroleum, Inc. is an independent E&P energy company headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of oil and natural gas properties, and the transportation of oil and natural gas from properties primarily in the Permian Basin in West Texas. Currently, Laredo Petroleum is searching for high caliber candidates for the following position which can be located in Midland, Texas or Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct field brokers to run title, acquire oil and gas leases, prepare run sheets and aide the company landman in curing title deficiencies; cure title deficiencies brought forth within division order and drilling title opinions.
- Notify exploration and production personnel of all upcoming lease obligations and participate in determining contractual provisions of various agreements contributing to the disposition of each obligation; monitor continuous development obligations for leases.
- Acquire leasehold rights, and seek out trades, farmins and farmouts with operators to optimize land holdings; perform other A&D duties as necessary.
- Provide all land support to assigned area of responsibility, working with technical peers and other departments in support of company’s drilling program.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; preferably BBA, PLM or JD
- Minimum of 10 years of practicing mineral landman experience required
- Strong Permian Basin experience as ‘in house’ mineral landman preferred
- Strong A&D experience, including due diligence work
- Working knowledge of oil and gas leases required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written/verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Capable of developing written communications appropriate for internal and external audiences
- Ability to work closely with land, exploration, production, legal and financial departments in accomplishing common goals.
- Ability to work with landowners, outside joint venture partners, potential partners and governmental agencies
- Ability to mentor other land department employees
Qualified applicants can apply online at
Laredo is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
HERV Oil, LLC - Contract Landman
HERV Oil is currently seeking a contract Landman to assist with day to day land related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of mineral and leasehold title
- Experience in contract preparation and a comprehension of the contracts themselves (leases, deeds, assignments, JOAs, PPLAs, etc.)
- Experience in title curative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Detail oriented
Compensation will be day rate based on skill set. Please email resume to email@example.com.
Grey Rock Energy Partners Temporary Landman
Company: Grey Rock Energy Partners
Title: Contract Landman
Reports to: Vice President - Land
Status: Temporary / Part-Time
The Contract Landman will be responsible for performing a variety of support, administrative, and some technical tasks related to an aggressive non-operated working interest acquisition program. This position is responsible for routine land assignments and projects as directed by the VP of Land. The Contract Landman must have experience and a general knowledge of: (i) how to research and run title online, (ii) reviewing and analyzing industry agreements, (iii) in-house Land administration duties and responsibilities, and (iv) have the ability and drive to complete projects quickly and accurately with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support Land, Accounting, and Engineering by contacting and following up with operators on changes of ownership, payment status, JIB / Revenue ownership discrepancies, well data and production reporting setups, direct deposit setups, etc.
• Organize and coordinate post acquisition electronic land files and setups (i.e. wells, leases, contracts, etc.) with outsourced land administration group.
• Input, update, and help maintain accurate land data and information within the land records database / system.
• Run and research county / parish on-line title records to identify non-operated working interest acquisition candidates and create acquisition target lists in specific prospect areas.
• Assist with the acquisitions process by contacting and negotiating with non-operated working interest owners via phone, e-mail, and mail outs.
• Analyze incoming non-operated division orders to confirm the ownership is accurately reflected and identify suspense or title requirement references.
• Assist VP of Land with the preparation and review of various contracts, leases, JOA’s, operator correspondence, offers to purchase, assignments, etc.
• Coordinate with VP of Land to initiate, prepare, and monitor title curative for non-operated wells. Take appropriate actions to cure title defects and satisfy title requirements to resolve suspense issues.
• Promote and maintain good communications and positive relationships with operators, title and transaction attorneys, and acquisition targets / non-op owners.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above in a satisfactory manner. In order to accomplish these tasks, a candidate generally has the following characteristics:
• Education: Bachelor Degree in any discipline.
• Experience: 5+ years of in-house land experience as a Landman, Land Tech, or Land Analyst.
• Computer skills: Proficient in MS Word and Outlook e-mail programs. Exceptional ability using MS Excel. Familiarity with common industry land applications.
• Personality: a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently of direct supervision; a person who derives satisfaction in working in a fast pace environment; must be willing to handle lower level land administration tasks and projects.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: AAPL members with some level of certification preferred.
• Day / Hourly Rate commensurate with experience.
• Candidates must have the scheduling flexibility to work two days/week (preferably Tuesday/ Thursday).
• Please submit all resumes to the following:
Adam Griffin, CPL ǀ Vice President - Land
Grey Rock Energy Partners
Scout Energy Staff Landman
Scout Energy is a private energy investment firm that acquires, operates, and improves upstream conventional oil and gas properties for institutional investors. Scout’s business is both the management of the private energy funds and the operations of the oil and gas assets it owns. The current employee base is approximately 200.
Scout is seeking a Staff Landman. Of particular focus will be the candidate with experience in acquisitions, negotiating easements and knowledge of in-house Land functions. This position will report to Scout’s Senior Landman.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assist in property acquisitions and land functions required to integrate new acquisitions
Research and document leases, rights-of-way, contracts and division order data
Knowledge of title curative and support gathering, organizing and analyzing documents
Possess and demonstrate a working knowledge of oil and gas leases, contracts and title opinions
Negotiate rights-of-ways and easesments and draft the agreements
Ability to review JOAs and other contracts for workovers and recompletions
Perform in-house title updates to determine acreage position as required
Experience with Federal land title and government rules and regulations a plus
New projects as assigned
Skills & Specifications
Establish and maintain strong relationships with interest and surface owners
Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
Strong organizational skills
Self-motivated and detail oriented
Problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
Ability to work in and promote a team environment across various disciplines
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge and application of land and negotiation principles, theories and concepts
Education & Qualifications
Knowledge of Excalibur a plus
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an in-house Landman position
Proficiency in Excel and Word